The Strategic Investment Program (SIP) is the primary source of funds for the National Pork Producers Council. As Investors, you will help NPPC:
- Fight for reasonable legislation and혻regulation.
- Develop revenue and market혻opportunities.
- Protect your livelihood.
The program was started to ensure that adequate funding is available for critical programs focused on public policy, including legislative and regulatory issues management, as well as trade issues. As an investor, you will have a voice in NPPC policy development.
By enrolling in SIP, you are assured a seat at the table when decisions are made regarding the future of the U.S. pork industry. Producers agree to contribute .10/$100 of market value. Contract growers pay .10/$100 of gross contract value. Employees can pay $100 per year. A significant share of the program dollars is returned to support state organizations. The ability to use these unrestricted funds better equips state organizations and NPPC to respond to today?셲 threats on the state and national level. Learn more here.
2017 Individual Membership & SIP Enrollment Form
By completing the form below and submitting, you are agreeing to participate in the Strategic Investment Program and become a member of the National Pork Producers Council.
You agree that the Markets listed below (?쏱articipating Markets?? will deduct an amount (?쏞ontribution?? currently at $.10 per $100 in value, from any sales of swine to them. The contribution rate will be determined by the National Pork Producers Council (NPPC) Delegate Body. I will be notified in writing by NPPC of any changes to the Contribution at least 45 days prior to the change taking effect. The Participating Markets will transfer the Contribution to NPPC. NPPC may transfer part of the Contribution to the Member State Organization (based on the origin of the swine). I understand that the Contribution will be used by NPPC and the Member State Organization to fund their public policy advocacy and regulatory affairs programs for the pork industry.
- Over-withheld amounts. I will be able to recover any amounts that are over-withheld in error. However, I agree to hold harmless the Participating Markets, NPPC, and the Member State Association from any consequential or incidental damages.
- Packers and Stockyards Act. I agree to waive the statutory trust and prompt payment provisions of the Packers and Stockyards Act (7 U.S.C. 짠 228b) as to the Contribution only. I understand the remaining portion of the purchase portion of the purchase price (after deduction of the Contribution) will remain subject to the statutory trust and ?쐏rompt payment??provisions of the Packers and stockyards act (7 U.S.C. 짠 228b).
- Revocation. I may revoke my participation in the Strategic Investment Program at any time by giving written notice to NPPC or the Participating Markets. Notice shall be given to NPPC as follows: National Pork Producers Council – c/o Strategic Investment Program – P.O. Box 10383 – Des Moines, IA 50306-9960. Such revocation will become effective when it has been processed by NPPC. Processing will take no more than 30 days after NPPC receives the written notice.
- Confidentiality. Information relating to the Strategic Investment Program will be kept confidential and will be shared between NPPC and the Participating Markets for validation purposes only.
- Correspondence. Complete and return this form to your Member State Organization or NPPC: National Pork Producers Council – c/o Strategic Investment Program – P.O. Box 10383 – Des Moines, IA 50306-9960.